Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Franklin College welcomed first-year students to campus Wednesday during several move-in rounds and while wearing masks because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
It's one of the first scenes in what will be a historic year for Franklin College and other institutions around the country who've decided to reopen this fall.
Like other colleges and universities, the pandemic forced Franklin College to move classes online and send students home in the spring as the public health crisis intensified. As students return this fall, they'll experience several changes designed to keep them safe from the virus — including mandatory masks, a ban on guests in residence halls and more.
Friday, Aug. 28, 2020 at 9 p.m.
After settling into campus, the Franklin College class of 2024 gathered on the Dame Mall Ellipse Friday night to experience the second annual Tower Tradition.
At the event, Director of Religious Life and Chaplain Hannah Adams Ingram welcomed the students, who wore masks as part of measures to protect them from COVID-19. Senior Jackie List sang the alma mater, "Hail to Franklin."
The new students then lit individual candles and raised them in solidarity as they start their journeys at Franklin College.
Saturday, Aug. 29, 2020 at 8 p.m.
New Franklin College students continued their introduction to campus Saturday with a socially distanced Welcome Bash.
Masks were required as students participated in outdoor games like cornhole and miniature golf during the event.
Franklin College reported a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases Monday, the most since the coll…
In response to a rise in cases in the 18-30 age group and ahead of students heading home for…
Hope Shrum: Okay, so the first question we had was that, um, with the email you just sent ou…
During Gov. Holcomb’s weekly virtual COVID-19 press conference Wednesday, the Indiana Depart…
- Franklin College COVID-19 cases spike in greatest single-week increase
- Game On | Franklin College esports team set to launch in spring 2021
- Getting to Work | Thanda Maceo is ready to settle in and improve enrollment at Franklin College
- Rapid tests made available through Franklin College ahead of Thanksgiving
- Prather Points | Managing COVID-19 ahead of Thanksgiving break
- Athletic events could be postponed under new state restrictions
- 'Welcome to My World' | Terri Roberts-Leonard publishes first children's book
- Week of events highlights Black Lives Matter at Franklin College
- Cluster Control | Campus COVID-19 response plan faces questions and criticism
- Comparing Medicare Plans to Save You Money
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.